If you are driving for work and end up getting hurt, can you get workers’ compensation? In many cases, the answer is yes, even if you are driving a personal vehicle at the time of the crash. You may also have other avenues for pursuing compensation. This is why it can be a wise idea to consult a Pike County, KY work injury lawyer after an on-the-job car accident. We can help you weigh all of your options.

Will Workers’ Compensation Cover Me in an On-The-Job Car Accident?

If you get into an on-the-job car accident, you should be covered by your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. You need to report your injuries to your employer as soon as possible. Whether you were running a necessary errand for your boss or driving to a client’s office, you should be eligible for compensation.

It is important to note that workers’ comp will not cover you if you are commuting to or from work. Matters could also get more complicated if you are considered an independent contractor and not an employee. This is why it can be smart to consult with a lawyer who can tell you more about your options.

Do I Need a Lawyer to File for Workers’ Compensation?

You may not need a lawyer to file for workers’ compensation, but it can be a lot of work to submit a claim. You need to make sure that your case is convincing and that you have all of the evidence needed to show that you were hurt on the job. Insurance companies frequently dispute claims, but our lawyers will do their best to make sure that you get the compensation that you deserve.

What Will Workers’ Comp Cover?

Workers’ compensation is there to make up for the economic losses associated with your on-the-job car accident and resulting injuries. A settlement from your employer’s insurance company will help reimburse you for medical expenses and lost wages.

Can I Sue Over an On-The-Job Car Accident?

You cannot sue your employer if they have workers’ compensation insurance and you collect from their insurer. You may be able to sue another person involved in your on-the-job car accident though. If you believe that another driver acted negligently and caused your accident, you can make a third-party accident claim and sue them for compensation.

This compensation can make up for the economic costs of the accident, but a settlement can also reimburse you for non-economic damages, like pain and suffering. Just keep in mind that the burden of proof is higher in a personal injury case. You must show that the other driver was negligent. A lawyer from our firm can help you build a more convincing case.

Meet With Our Team

So if you have been injured in an on-the-job car accident, contact Shane Hall Attorney at Law, PLLC and schedule a consultation. We can tell you more about your legal options and what our work injury lawyers can do to help you secure the compensation that you deserve.