Unfortunately, auto accidents are fairly common as a result of negligence. Victims of auto collisions oftentimes do not walk away unscathed. In the unfortunate event that you or someone you care about has been injured in an auto accident due to someone else’s negligence, contact an experienced Pike County, KY auto accident lawyer from Shane Hall Attorney At Law, PLLC. Our firm is committed to helping our clients seek monetary compensation for their economic and non-economic damages.
What should I do after sustaining an injury in an auto accident?
There are certain steps victims of auto accidents should take to maximize their chances of recovering financial compensation for their damages. If possible, victims should follow the following steps:
- Call 911. To seek immediate medical attention, injured individuals should call the police. Additionally, they should file an accident report with the police to document the incident.
- Seek medical treatment. Injured individuals must have their injuries properly assessed and treated by a medical professional. Unfortunately, some injuries may not be visible to the naked eye, however, that does not mean they are not there. Additionally, some injuries may have delayed effects that could turn fatal if not treated properly and promptly.
- Document the scene. If possible, victims of auto accidents should take photos and video footage of the scene.
- Gather contact information. If possible, victims should gather any witnesses’ contact information so they can back up a victim claim later on as they witnessed the accident occur.
- Avoid speaking to an insurance adjuster. After an auto accident, it is common for victims to be approached by insurance adjusters. They may attempt to offer a lowball settlement quickly before a victim understands how much their damages are worth. An insurance adjuster may seem sympathetic to a victim’s situation, however, they are not on their side. Victims should not admit any fault for the cause of the accident or downplay the extent of their injuries. An insurance adjuster will try to use their words against them later on. Victims should not speak to an insurance adjuster.
- Retain the legal services of a skilled Shane Hall Attorney At Law. An experienced attorney can help victims investigate and gather pertinent evidence to prove their injuries were directly caused by another party’s negligence.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an auto accident due to another person’s negligence, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our trusted and determined attorneys. Allow our firm to fight on your behalf today to help you seek the justice you deserve.